Starting December 1st till the 31th, Our First Game Jam is being held. 2020 may have been one of the worse years yet but as we approach Christmas, the holiday spirt is in all of us so that is why we are hosting a X-MAS themed Game Jam. Finalists will share in a total prize pool of around 5k Bricks + Items and Badges. Here’s how it breaks down:
- First place: 3000 Bricks + Trophy + Badge
- Second place: 1500 Bricks + Badge
- Third place: 500 Bricks + Badge
- Forth to Tenth Place: Badge
You may be wondering what you'll be judged on and the guidelines? Don't worry! We've got you covered.
- You’ll be judged on your overall idea, game design, interactivity, wow factor and more.
- Games submitted should have a significant part of them developed during the month of the Game Jam – from December 1st until the final deadline at midnight (EST) on December 31st.
- You’re encouraged to work in a team but only one person can submit the game.
- If your scene consists of a game with rules that aren’t obvious, you should provide instructions such as if you want people to follow a certain direction, PLEASE BE CLEAR ON THAT.
You can resubmit stuff as long as you resubmit it before the deadline.
Judges know if you've been good or bad
Judges from the staff team will be be awarding points based on the following criteria:
- Overall Idea — (50 Points)
- Game Design — (20 Points)
- Wow Factor — (20 Points)
- Interactivity — (20 Points)
- Bonus Points — (20 Points) (Using the theme)
Remember, Game Jam kicks off on December 1st and runs until midnight EST on December 31st, which means you haven’t got long to make your game and submit it.
Whenever you are ready, submit your entry through this form: https://form.typeform.com/to/XiKCXg
Sign up for more like this.
Polytoria Showcase #12
Greetings everyone! Welcome back to another awesome monthly Showcase! This month is going to be different, however, as I have decided to let our staff member Kengie write this month's Showcase for us! Don't worry, I'm not retiring or giving up doing Showcases, I just thought that a different person...
Egg Hunt Conclusion
Hey everyone! We've recently ended the egg hunt that we hosted in our updated client for the objective of collecting over 16 eggs in-game to achieve a final hat to show off to your friends! Since the event has now concluded, we are going to wrap up this experience by...
Egg Hunt 2022 Hints #1
Hey Polytorians! We hope you're having fun playing the Egg Hunt. We've been working hard on fixing some bugs in the egg hunt and you should be able to play it without any major issues.Some of the eggs are quite difficult to obtain. In this blog post, we will...